New Vacancy – Design Engineer
Join our team
Due to substantial growth in 2020 (and before you say anything, we’re not talking about our lockdown waistlines), we are recruiting for an additional Design Engineer to join our ambitious team. Working from our Sheffield office, the role will include designing bespoke structural steelwork for use in construction, for some high-profile projects all over the UK; but we also need someone who is looking to play an active part in growing and developing the business as part of a team.
- Use AutoCAD to design a variety of structural metal products to customer specifications.
- You will be expected to provide material take-offs from the architect’s and engineer’s drawings and provide accurate quotes directly to the customer.
- We need you to be able to produce fabrication drawings and bill of materials for issuing to production at our manufacturing facility just outside of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Amazing project management skills are required to look after and nurture a portfolio of projects from the initial quote enquiry and specification to the design, manufacture, and supply of products to the customer.
- Naturally, this will require the successful candidate to work closely with architects, structural engineers & contractors to deliver the best solutions on the market.
- To stop, collaborate and listen with all other departments, particularly manufacturing, sales, and marketing, to ensure we exceed our customer’s expectations at all stages and potential new product solutions are identified.
Design Specialist Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- GCSE – Maths, English, Science Grade A-C
- Architectural or Engineering Degree qualifications are desirable, but we will also look at candidates with relevant experience. Ideally linked to structural steel product design/.
- A thorough knowledge of current Building Regulations
- Creating professional working drawings for approval using AutoCAD
- Evidence of strong customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ideally, we are looking for someone currently in a design specialist role within the construction industry.
- We want an individual who is target-driven, focused and goal orientated.
- Things can get very busy here, so you need to be able to keep your cool under pressure and maintain your meticulous attention to detail.
- Must have a high level of communication and numeracy skills.
- Training will be given on our products as required to the successful applicant to allow the individual to become an expert across our full product range.
- 2 years of experience in a structural design capacity would be desirable
- Within commutable distance of our Sheffield design office (Postcode S35)
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please use the form below to apply for this role.